Friday, March 4, 2011

Amanda Fucking Palmer Frinja gig at the Tuxedo Cat

Amanda Palmer secret 'frinja' show
Tuxedo Cat, Electra House (131 King William Street)
Fri 4th March
around midnight

At first it looked like those of us waiting outside wouldn't get in at all, due to the venue being at capacity, but then Amanda Palmer arrived in a taxi and told security to let us in (which they did after a further delay).

Tuxedo Cat's main downstairs room was PACKED with Amanda Palmer fans. Amanda Palmer was now joined by The Jane Austen Argument as she performed her set on ukulele because the piano available to her was unsuitable to play any of her songs, she was accompanied at times by Jen Kingwell of The Jane Austen Argument. She spend a lot of time talking, which was disappointing, but not nearly as disappointing as constantly having to move out of the doorway to let indecisive folk in and out of the room only for them to come back after a short while or try to push in front where they had not previously been.

I really enjoyed hearing Tom Dickins and Jen Kingwell of The Jane Austen Argument perform their own song "Bad Wine and Lemon Cake".

Highlights included meeting Amanda Palmer again (properly) and having my picture taken with her (again). She later hugged me (at my request, 'can I trouble you for a hug?'). As she walked away she caressed my face, it was a beautifully intimate moment. She also signed my chest because some random girl told her that my boobs were hiding and needed to be signed, to which Amanda asked me "why are your boobs hiding?" to which I responded "unfortunate choice of clothing". Not realising at the time, but my choice of clothing was quite apt. I had worn my 2010 Feast Festival volunteer shirt which, as part of the design, features something akin in shape to a 'Map of Tasmania'. Just before getting my picture taken, Amanda told me that she liked my 'Map of Tasmania' which was amusing.

The Jane Austen Argument are performing 'The Spaces Between' at Arcade Lane on Sun 6th Mar and Wed 9th Mar - Sun 12th Mar at 10pm. $20/$15 at the door, or through Fringetix (plus booking fees).

Happy Fringing,
Ladyx Chronowire xx

No comments:

Post a Comment